We know that libraries are more popular than ever now and people are utilizing websites like paperbackswap.com (me!) and bookmooch.com, hitting garage sales, and throwing book swapping parties because lets face it, reading can become an expensive habit. Which is exactly why I loved this book sale. I could stock up on most of my books for the year and support my local library while doing it. I know the Big Book Sale is based on people's annual donations so maybe people aren't as apt to donate books this year? Maybe they didn't buy as many books in general this year so we're loathe to donate their leftovers? Or maybe everyone hit up the sale really early and was willing to spend $3 and $4 per book instead of waiting for the $1 sale? Sad times for me. Oh well! Where there's a will, there's a way, and this lady's a bargain hunter.
Here's what I did get:
- 'Stop that Girl' by Elizabeth McKenzie
- 'The First Desire' by Nancy Reisman
- 'Spilling Clarence' by Anne Ursu
- 'A Change of Climate' by Hilary Mantel
- 'The Meaning of Flowers' by Scobel & Field
- 'Babyface' by Fiona Gibson