I'll admit it, I was licking my wounds because I couldn't go to Book Expo America and the Book Blogger Convention in May since they were all mid-week in New York. Basically it was just too expensive and too much time off of work for me to justify no matter what a great experience it would be for this wonderful new blogging world I've discovered. I am so looking forward to hearing about everyone's experiences though!
Then I thought, wait a minute, I should just do some research and see what California based events there are because I bet there are some that I don't even know about! It's a big state, I mean come on, right? And what do you know. I found quite a few.
Here's what I found. I am hoping to at least attend the ones in Northern and Central California if not more of them. Let me know if anyone knows of any others in California or if any of you are planning on attending as well!!
- LA Times Festival of Books - April 24th and 25th
- Leimert Park Village Book Fair - June 26th
- Sonoma County Book Festival - September 25th
- West Hollywood Book Fair - Septemeber 26th
- Central Coast Book and Author Festival - Early Oct.
- San Francisco's Litquake - 2 weeks every Oct.
Obviously whatever I attend will be reported back here. Book events here we come!