It's become clear to me now that if there is a challenge out there that asks me to read books that I am already going to read anyway that I can't resist signing up! It will make me feel like a big success and I like make lists and then checking things off so when I came across the Non-Fiction Five Challenge I thought I better sign up for this one too!
I actually read more non-fiction in a year than I realize because I kind of forget that memoirs are non-fiction for some reason so this should be pretty each for me to handle. The rules are that between May and September of 2010, read 5 non-fiction books, making sure that at least one book is outside from your norm (i.e. 4 memoirs and 1 self-help).
Here's what I have on my shelf that I would like to pull from that are my non-fiction books but this is not a final read list! It is just to help me look back on if I get stuck toward the end of the challenge wondering what I should read to finish it up!
1. 'Bonk: The Curious Coupling of Science and Sex' by Mary Roach
2. 'The Botany of Desire: A Plant's Eye View of the World' by Michael Pollan
3. 'The Female Brain' by Louann Brizendine
4. 'My Life in France' by Julia Child
5. 'The Mother Tongue' by Bill Bryson
6. 'Shakespeare: The World as a Stage' by Bill Bryson
7. 'A Short History of Nearly Everything' by Bill Bryson
8. 'A Walk in the Woods' by Bill Bryson
So yeah, I should be able to read 5 in that time!