The Orange Prize for Fiction Longlist was released today (this morning at like midnight since it’s a UK prize but I’m sleeping and then working) but I thought you all might be just as interested to see what was on the list as I was. I love these lists, not just for my shear love of lists (of which it is vast) but because usually when I can get my hands on these books I tend to really like them. The list is varied – there are first time novelists as well as established novelists. Heck there is even a book on here I’ve read and two I have on my shelf and haven’t gotten around to reading yet (Mom, be proud to know that the 3 books you gave me for Christmas made this list - nice work, you!).
So without further ado, here you go: (the hyperlinks are to amazon when it is available in the US).
· ‘The Very Thought of You’ by Rosie Alison
· ‘The Rehearsal’ by Eleanor Catton
· ‘Savage Lands’ by Clare Clark
· ‘Hearts and Minds’ by Amanda Craig
· 'The Way Things Look to Me' by Roopka Farooki
· 'The Still Point' by Amy Sackville
Which ones have you read that you recommend? Which ones do you want to read?