As for the blog, in cased you missed it here's what's been happening around here:
- Considering that I don't count a book 'read' unless I post a review of it up on my blog and I took a week off of book reviews for BBAW I was shocked to discover that I broke last month's review record with a whopping 8 reviews this month! Let's see what happens next month with the read-a-thon! Not only that but 6 of these were Grade A books so it was a fabulous reading month for me all around. Here's what we've got: Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling, The Botany of Desire by Michael Pollan, The Jewel of St. Petersburg by Kate Furnivall, Born Round: The Secret History of a Full-time Eater by Frank Bruni, Her Fearful Symmetry by Audrey Niffenegger, I Was Told There'd Be Cake by Sloane Crosley, and The Two Lives of Miss Charlotte Merryweather by Alexandra Potter. As for favorites, I'd be hard pressed to choose since there was such a variety this month but I'd have to say for Y.A, I'd pick Beautiful Creatures, for fiction I'd pick Her Fearful Symmetry and for audiobook I'd pick Born Round. What was your favorite in September and do you have to cheat like I did?!
- I passed a big blogging milestone this month as well - my one year blogoversary! I am celebrating it with a giveaway - 2 winners will receive any book of their choice that I've reviewed. Click here for full details and to enter. You have until Oct. 9th!
- I managed to complete two reading challenges this month. That's a load off my back! I completed the What's in a Name 3 Challenge and the Non-Fiction Five Challenge.
- A big blogging event that happened in September was Book Blogger Appreciation Week. This was my first time participating and I really enjoyed the camaraderie that came out of it. I participated in all of the events. I posted about First Treasures (blogs I discovered that made me the blogger I am), New Treasures (an interview with Stacy from A Novel Source), Unexpected Treasures (genres I tried due to the influence of blogging), Forgotten Treasures (books that deserve more credit), and Future Treasures (blogging goals for the coming year). Fun times!
- I watched 'Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone' for the first time and loved it! Here's what I thought of it!
- I also went crazy at a book sale this past week. Look at my loot and let me know if I bought anything good!
- A couple of big blogging events are coming up in Oct! First up don't forget that Dewey's 24-Hour-Read-a-Thon is October 9th. I am really looking forward to participating in my second read-a-thon! Also, Amy from My Friend Amy, Melissa from Gerbera Daisy Diaries and I are hosting the Lonesome Dove read-along! We are going to start reading tomorrow with our first discussion post next Wednesday Oct. 6. For the full info and schedule click on the link and we really hope you join in!