One of my favorite genres is Historical Fiction so I readily signed up for the Historical Fiction Reading Challenge Hosted by The Royal Reviews and The Queen of Happy Endings. I signed up for the 'Fascinated' level which challenged me to read 6 books. I ended up doubling that, reading 12 so I am quite happy with my progress this year and would readily sign up again if it's hosted in 2011!
1. 'The Lacuna' by Barbara Kingslover
2. 'River's Edge' by Marie Bostwick
3. 'Lady Macbeth' by Susan Fraser King
4. 'Wolf Hall' by Hillary Mantel
5. 'The Piano Teacher' by Janice Y.K. Lee
6. 'The Blind Contessa's New Machine' by Carey Wallace
7. 'The Book of Unholy Mischief' by Elle Newmark
8. 'The Jewel of St. Petersburg' by Kate Furnivall
9. 'Call Me Kate: Meeting the Molly Maguires' by Molly Roe
10. 'Behind the Scenes at the Museum' by Kate Atkinson
11. 'Cotillion' by Georgette Heyer
12. 'Lonesome Dove' by Larry McMurtry
It's hard to pick a favorite from this bunch because I loved so many of them but if I had to it might have to be either 'The Piano Teacher' or River's Edge'.