June was a really busy month here at Amused By Books! I posted a ton and it was fun. Apparently I had a lot more to say than normal.
My nine books a month reading streak was broken though (it must be all that sunshine!). I only read eight books this month, which honestly is still great for me. That brings my total for the year to 51. Does this mean I might read 100 books instead of 80 this year? If so that kind of freaks me out because that is WAY more than normal! It must be the bad influence of this blog ;)
Now for the official monthly wrap-up. Here's what Amused By Books has been up to in June:
- I had a pretty good reading streak at the beginning of the month, loving everything I came into contact with, and then it kind of petered out towards the end! I need to get back on track in July. All told I read The I Hate to Cook Book by Peg Bracken; There's Cake in My Future by Kim Gruenenfelder; Killer Stuff and Tons of Money by Maureen Stanton; Wanderlust by Elisabeth Eaves; Faith by Jennifer Haigh; Tales of the City by Armistead Maupin; Knit Two by Kate Jacobs; and The Winter Ghosts by Kate Mosse. It's hard to pick a favorite read for June so I am going to have to make this one a tie between There's Cake in My Future and Faith! What was your favorite June read?
- I did a wrap up on my thoughts of the Book Blogger Con. So glad I went!
- In June I participated in my first Audiobook Week. So much fun! We discussed my Audiobook Year in Review; Single vs. Multiple Narrators; and I gave some recommendations!
- I finished my first reading challenge of 2011. One down, thirteen more to go!
- I was thrilled to have finally coerced my boyfriend into doing a guest post here to talk about how the kindle has changed his reading habits: Annoyed By Books!
- My bookclub went on a very successful field trip to see a recent read Tales of the City, come to life as a play. So awesome!
- We all shared our love for the BBC series Downton Abbey. Seriously, if you aren't watching it, you need to! It's addictive :)
Also if you haven't yet, it's your last day to enter my June Review Book Giveaway for a chance to win one of two fab books!