We made it to the end of the read-a-thon! Nice work everyone! After coming home from the park we ate some dinner and I was reading in bed so my boyfriend could watch TV in piece and things were fading fast. The book I was reading was great but full belly and comfy bed means sleepy time is calling my name! So I didn't finish that third book I was hoping to but I did make a solid dent in it.
So let's talk stats:
- Which hour was most daunting for you? Definitely the last hour I managed to stay awake, like 11pmPST. Normally my bedtime anyway, I was hoping I could stay up longer but alas, no luck.
- Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year? Sure! How Shakespeare Changed Everything by Stephen Marche (this is a great, short, interesting book) and I'm about halfway through Her Sister's Shadow by Katherine Britton but it is incredibly engaging!
- Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? Don't make us West Coasters start at 5am? I kid, I kid!
- What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon? I liked the reminder emails!
- How many books did you read? 2.5 - So close to reaching my goal. I blame the kick-ass weather!
- What were the names of the books you read? How Shakespeare Changed Everything by Stephen Marche, Sherry and Narcotics by Nina-Marie Gardner, and (the first half of) Her Sister's Shadow by Katherine Britton.
- Which book did you enjoy most? See question 2.
- Which did you enjoy least? Sherry and Narcotics by Nina-Marie Gardner. It wasn't bad, just a little melodramatic for my taste.
- If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders? N/A
- How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time? Definitely participate again and would be a reader again!
So my totals are:
Pages Read: 560
Hours Read: 9
Hours Read: 9
Books Read: 2.5
A heartfelt thank you to everyone who visited yesterday's read-a-thon post! I will be donating $1 for each of your comments to the American Red Cross!
Here's the charity totals:
Hours amount in dollars: $45
Comments amount in dollars: $15
Total donation to American Red Cross: $60!